Portuguese golden visa residency programme
Portugal, perched on the Iberian Peninsula in Europe, means “warm port” 1582. It abuts the vast Atlantic Ocean to the west and south, and borders Spain to the north and east. Besides the territory of the European continent, Portugal holds sovereignty over the Azores and Madeira in the Atlantic Ocean. Lisbon, the capital of Portugal, has the westernmost point of Europe – The Cape Roca. Portugal is a modern industrial and agricultural country with prominent metal refining, chemical, and oil industries, yet it is best known for as a world-leading producer of cork, made from cork oak. Portugal was an important cultural birthplace in the modern western history and became a global empire with Spain during the 16th century Portugal is a member of the EU, and as one of the world’s developed countries, it is also a founding member of the Eurozone.
Portugal’s Resident Permit for Investment Activities (ARI), also known as the Golden Residence Permit Programme (GRP), came into effect on October 8th ‘ 2012, and was revised again in June and September, 2015. The investment requirements allow for the purchase of real estate property in Portugal with a value equal to or above €500,000. There are no type or quantity restrictions on real estate properties; it can be zoned for residential, commercial, industrial, or agricultural use; the investment can be composed of one or more sets of real estate as long the total investment value is equal to or above €500,000.
1. Purchase real estate property in Portugal with a value equal to or above €500,000.
2. Must be over 18 years years of age.
3. Must be Non-EU country citizens.
4. Must provide proof of no criminal record.
5. Must provide proof of qualifying health insurance.
Dependent applicants (Family Reunification)
1. The spouse of the main applicant
2. Children under 18 years old
3. Children over 18 years old who are single, studying and finacially dependent on the main applicant.
4. Parents (of both main applicant and spouse) who are finacially dependent on the main applicant.
Advantages of the Project:
- person’s application, benefitting 3 generations, allowed to apply for permanent residence after five years, allowed to apply for Portuguese nationality after six years
- There are no requirements for certification of financial sources, no business background requirements, no educational background requirements, no language requirements, and no age limitations.
- Minimal stay period requirements, permitted to work, permitted to conduct business.
- Real estate can be sold after 5 years with no effect on residence, and real estate appreciation rates benefit investors.
- Real estate can be leased out to earn rental income
- Visa-free access to the other 26 countries of the EU.
- Become a European resident and enjoy the benefits of the European countries.
- Non global tax country, there is no need to worry about the loss of assets.
- Global asset allocation, safeguard asset from depreciation.