What is Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF)?
Australia’s simplified student visa framework (SSVF) came into effect from July 2016. DIBP introduced SSVF to assess your eligibility for a student visa. This sees introduction of a number of changes to student visa framework to make it simpler for genuine students and deliver a more targeted approach to immigration integrity.
The following changes were introduced after SSVF Australia :
Now the international student will apply for a single Student Visa (subclass 500), regardless of their chosen course of study.Student guardians will apply for the new Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590)All students and student guardians will generally be required to lodge their visa application online by creating an account in ImmiAccount.A single immigration risk framework will apply to all international students.
English Language Requirements to Study In Australia Under SSVF
An applicant must meet the English language requirements to study in Australia under SSVF. You need to provide the evidence of an acceptable English language test scores. Where evidence of English Language proficiency is required, the following minimum English language test scores will be accepted:
- English Language Testing System (IELTS) overall band score of 5.5 or
- IELTS overall band score of 5 when packaged with at least 10 weeks English Language Intensive Course for Overseas Students (ELICOS) or
- IELTS overall band score of 4.5 when packaged with at least 20 weeks ELICOS. The equivalent of the above minimum IELTS test scores from the following English language providers will also be accepted:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language paper based test (TOEFL)
- Pearson Test of English Academic
- Cambridge English: Advanced
- Occupational English Test.